Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mommy blessings


I want to give my blessings to all of the mommies that have more than two children. I myself have two little girls; one is 3yrs old and the other is 10mths old. I am currently visiting my sister-in-law and her family. She has two children of her own who are 3 1/2 yrs old and 17mths old. I watched them for a short time yesterday on my own. The babies napped most of the time and the "big" kids ate lunch and played. While I had a fairly easy time with all 4 kids, I have learned that anyone with more than 1 child has got to receive a reward of some kind for our braveness to tread the "children waters." I say that because having two of my own I know that it is very difficult a times but with I remember with 1 it was easy; not to knock the parents with just 1 but if you decide to have more than 1 then you will know then what I am describing. I do not know how people with lots of kids keep their sanity with all of the yelling, screaming, crying and fighting; the "No that's my toy," "Mommy she is being mean," etc., etc. But I look at my kiddos and know that it is all worth it when they give me that great big "Laissle" hug as we call it in our family and I am told "Mommy I love you!" or when my 10mth old looks at me and gives me that great big toothless grin and laughs. It makes all of the destruction of toys and crying and runny noses that much more tolerable. Which leads me to my next point of savoring every moment, even the crazy ones! I have now learned with my 2nd now here that life is going by very fast and you have to relish in every moment and make each minute count. So...that is my rant for the day. I hope every mommy and daddy out there, whether you have 1 or 100 kiddos, remembers to hug and kiss your kids everyday and tell them that you love them and the important thing is to mean it and show them everyday that you also love yourself and your spouse or partner.

~Stephanie Laissle

No comments:

Post a Comment